Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rant & Rave

This blog will be posted weekly for each of you to come on here and post your frustrations about anything related to feminism, your organization or the movement. This is not just a rant session but rather a means of connecting with other feminists who might be able to lend you advice or just an ear to listen.  Please go to the comment section located at the bottom of the post to rant and rave your heart out.


lets admit it, its nice to be reminded that we are not in this alone.

2 comments:

  1. Dear New feminist friends!

    This is an open community for Feminist activists, specifically organizations who thrive in the academic community. From experience I can say that at points along my activist career I have felt stifled and discouraged due to lack of support from the institution I was with or the student body I surrounded myself with. After going to a conference and speaking with students from other schools as well as continuing my activism after I entered graduate school I realized that many of us face the same struggles, and do not have an outlet for those frustrations. If we want our movement to be strong and productive, I believe it is imperative to provide an open safe space for each of us to speak openly about our aggravation with our organizations and institutions. This blog will not only be used as an outlet for frustrations but also as means to provide new fresh ideas. Sometimes when we hit our rough patches, perhaps gaining a new perspective or some advice will help us through those tough moments. I hope that this blog will give each of us a bit of strength and encouragement when it seems like there is no point to our work. Please use this as an outlet, a means of providing information and ideas and a way to keep the movement alive and strong.

    I look forward to the endless possibilities this blog may bring!

    Annie Warshaw
    Co-Editor

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! will use it, post it on my blogs, and link it to WS website. xo, Leandra

    ReplyDelete

Riot!